Get your free QUIZ and find out
Which Autoimmune Diet is Right for You?
About five years ago, after experiencing months of odd symptoms, I sat across from a neurologist who delivered the results of my MRI: “You have MS.” He then went on to explain that although this is what the test suggested, I wouldn’t have an “official” diagnosis until I had a relapse. So, I asked what I could do to avoid this from happening. His answer? Nothing. He told me that it was just a matter of time and I would have to just wait for my relapse and then come back and see him, at which time we would talk about what medication I should take. WHAT?! No. I was not about to just sit around and wait for a relapse.
The first thing I did? I found a new neurologist!
The second thing? I started looking into what, if any, lifestyle changes could I make to take control and improve my well-being.
I began to research non-pharmaceutical ways that I could take control of my health. (When I say “research”, I don’t mean primary, medical research; I’m no doctor.) I sought out and read everything I could about nutrition and autoimmune conditions.
I had found my passion. And eventually, to make it official, I enrolled in the Canadian School of Natural Nutrition, and to become a Registered Holistic Nutritionist.
Fast-forward to today: I have now tried a number of different approaches to addressing autoimmunity. I have taken bits and pieces from different approaches, and created a plan that works for me… and I’m still learning everyday!
Through this process, one of the most important things I have learned is:
There is no one-size-fits-all approach to addressing autoimmune conditions. You, as an individual, must learn what works best for you. And with dedication and support, you CAN learn this… and be well!
It took me a while to get here, but now I feel blessed. I feel blessed to have arrived at a place where I feel healthy with my MS. Without my diagnosis, I may not have learnt what I know now about connecting with others and helping them incorporate healthy practices into their lives. Perhaps ironically, I am probably healthier now, with my autoimmune condition, than I ever was before my diagnosis… and I hope the same for you!
MY COACHING PHILOSOPHY
I believe that there is no one-size-fits-all approach to autoimmune health. You are an individual, and as such, you are able to achieve—and maintain—your healthiest self through a wellness plan that is created specifically for you and your situation. Although I specialize in holistic nutrition and autoimmune health, you know your body and your life better than anyone. So, while I am guiding and supporting you, an essential part of my practice is working collaboratively with you every step of the way. Together we create a vision, a goal and a personalized autoimmune wellness plan that works for you.
I believe that our bodies send us messages, and it is crucial to our health that we listen up! So, an important part of my practice is helping you learn to listen to your body, and exploring and learning what works for you. My goal is to help you find a path towards a balanced immune system, provide guidance and support, and empower you with the tools to move forward with confidence.
WORK WITH ME
- Jumping out of bed in the morning, ready for the day ahead
- Having a full, productive day at work—you can think clearly and you are on fire!
- Enjoying lunch with your colleagues (and being confident it’s not going to trigger a flare up)
- And having enough energy left over for a date night with your husband or a night out with friends
…BUT I KNOW WHAT YOU’RE REALLY THINKING:
“Ha! I don’t even have enough energy to do the laundry!”
The reality is you struggle to get out of bed in the morning. It’s all you can do to get the kids dressed and off to school, and make sure there’s milk in the fridge. Hopefully you are able to work from home, so you work a couple of hours at a time and rest in between. But even then it’s so hard to concentrate with the brain fog. You stop for lunch, not entirely sure if what you are eating is going to make your symptoms worse. And forget going out at night. Instead, “date night” is Netflix. And you’re still feeling bad that you haven’t done the laundry.
You’re smart. You should be able to figure this out on your own, right? You’ve been researching, experimenting with taking out certain foods, and adding in others deemed “best foods for your immune system.” But it drives you crazy that every time you read something, it contradicts what you’ve already read. And your doctors are no real help in this area. So you are left confused, and despite your efforts you still feel crappy, thinking that maybe having your energy at 5/10 is good enough. (Spoiler alert: it’s not.)
I know. I’ve been there.
In 2012, I started experiencing weird symptoms, until one day when I was at work, my left hand stopped working while I was in the middle of typing an email. It scared me enough to finally call my doctor, which set off countless tests and appointments with specialist until, finally, I got a diagnosis: multiple sclerosis.
It took me years to get to a place where I felt healthy with my MS. And now I often feel healthier and happier than I ever did before my diagnosis.
SO I ASK YOU…
What if someone who understands where you’re at could help you wade through all of the information out there, and help you figure out what nutrition and lifestyle changes are actually going to help you feel better, have more energy, and get back in control of your health? (So it won’t take you years, like it did for me!)
As you’ve noticed, there are countless protocols, programs, food lists, etc. out there claiming to be THE answer to autoimmune conditions. But I’m here to tell you (something you’ve probably already figured out for yourself):
There is no one-size-fits-all approach to autoimmunity.
That’s why it’s so important to develop a nutrition and lifestyle program designed specifically for you, your condition, your body, your circumstances—so that it is both effective and sustainable. So that you can STOP being ok with having barely enough energy to get through the day, and START getting back to the things that you enjoy in life, get your health back, and get yourSELF back.
ARE YOU READY FOR A BREAKTHROUGH?
What I offer is one-on-one nutrition and health coaching that is custom-tailored to your needs. I have the expertise and experience, and you know yourself and your body. Together, we make the best possible team. And together we will build a protocol designed just for you, that works for your real life, and will get you on the road to rebalanced health.
How is this different from reading a book about autoimmune wellness? This program designed only for you (not you and the other 50 million people with autoimmune diseases in the US) AND when something comes up and you have a question, you actually have someone to ask. (Well, you could try to ask the book, but I’m pretty sure it won’t answer you!)
Thriving with AI
90 days to finding your path to autoimmune wellness
In my 90-day program, we’ll cover the following areas, with emphasis placed on areas where you need the most support.
- Determining what basic autoimmune nutrition protocol will work best for you as a starting point
- Identifying which foods in your current diet are not supporting you and replacing them with foods that do
- Emphasizing foods that reduce inflammation and balance your gut microbiome (two huge factors in autoimmune wellness
- Meal planning for your new nutrition protocol (I’ll give you a meal plan and recipes to start, and teach you how to build your own)
- Finding simple ways to incorporate daily movement (even if this sounds crazy right now, you’ll see it happen)
- Preparing for and navigating through challenging times as they come up (they always do!)
- Learning stress reduction and management techniques so you are better able to face new stressors without fear of a flare-up
- Letting go of belief patterns that are holding you back, and replacing them with ones that will help you on your path to re-balancing your immune system
- Mastering the art of listening to your body, so you can honour what it needs and support it in its quest for balance
What’s included in your 90-day program:
- Intake form/prep sheet before our first session, to maximize our time together
- 1 x 90 minute intensive session to review the intake form, your personal history, set your intentions and strategize a personalized plan (by Skype)
- 8 x 45 minute coaching sessions (by phone or Skype)
- Completely individualized nutrition, lifestyle and mindset plan that will be modified as needed to ensure that it meets your health goals and works for you in your real life
- Food and supplement recommendations, customized meal plan, recipes, mindset exercises and additional resources
- Email support throughout your program
- Continued support options at a discounted client rate
$1200 USD in full*
(or 3 monthly payments of $500)
*increasing to $2000 in January 2019
WHY WORK WITH ME?
- I am a Registered Holistic Nutritionist specialized in autoimmune wellness
- With all your health specialists giving you different information, as a health coach I help to bridge the gap, offering you insight into what action you can take so you can stop being a victim of your disease
- As someone with an autoimmune condition (MS), I understand where you are at and what you can do to move forward
- As a mom and a wife with a career, I know how important it is to find a diet and lifestyle that can fit into your real life
- I care about each of my clients and want to see you feeling well and enjoying your life. I truly believe I am here to help you find balance in your health and life.
A complimentary 30-minute discovery consultation provides the opportunity to discuss your goals, and see how we can work together.
I understand how busy life can be so I’m happy to work together to fit within your schedule.
Your privacy is very important to me. Whatever we speak about in our consultations will stay between us.